So Whats in your Fridge?
One of the biggest problems in staying on top of your nutritional needs and goals is to stay prepared. In a time where we are seemingly always in a hurry to get somewhere, to do something, most often than not for other people, we consistently find ourselves hungry with limited solutions available. What happens next is really representative on self will. Do you make the easy choice and stop at whatever local fast food chain that is around you? Do you sneak into your top secret Protein Bar stash you carry in your glove compartment? Do you just settle for more coffee? Or do you just choose to not eat?
Being prepared for these said situations is the key to your overall success not only during this 6 week challenge but for overall longevity on Balboa’s Paleo.
The most obvious option is to have food easily available. This requires one to have copious amounts of tupperware. You know you have made it when you own 20+ pieces of glassware of which half is always in use. Pictured above you will see my fridge filled with some of the mainstays on mine and Mere’s weekly menu.
- Boxed: Trader Joe’s Frozen Grass-Fed Burger Patties (1 pound). These are easy to thaw and throw on the grill or the pan. Usually cook up in about 8 minutes or less
- A Rotisserie Chicken pulled from the bone and stored in glassware
- Cooked Ground Beef cooked in whatever seasonings I have.
- Roasted Butternut squash and Sweet Potatoes
- Eggs on Eggs, a dozen already hardboiled for easier transport and consumption
- In the Serving jar is Ginger/ Cucumber water, delicious and alkaline. Provides a little kick to normal water..dont mind the champs behind it
- Not Pictured: bunch of veggies (Parsnips, broccoli, Cauliflower and Beets)
- Condiments: Mustard, Pickles, Saurkraut, Tapatio and Salsas.
- Butter and Coconut Oil
We both take turns on our night’s off from the gym cooking easy meals, but rather cooking for just that evening we often double, triple or just pretend we are cooking for a family of 10. Sorry, I like to eat. This allows us both to have food while at but to also have options for evenings we get home late and just dont feel like cooking or cleaning up after ourselves.
Having meals that can be easily prepared in less than 20-30 minutes prep time is essential for both of us so we have found plenty of things we like and are quick and grain-free friendly
Before you all think I dont have anything bad in my fridge there is also Champagne and Beers for those times when people come over. Remember, our number one rule is to NOT BE WEIRD! You must live your lives but understand that there are educated choices and as in life anything you decide to put in your mouth will illicit a certain reaction. Just make them good choices.
SO WHATS IN YOUR FRIDGE?
Id like to hear from you all on how you are progressing, things you are struggling with, and maybe some tips for those of you a little more experienced with healthful minded eating?
As for those who have asked questions lately on the blog.. I plan on answering all of them on Friday’s blog so get them in, so far Im looking at:
- Steff: Stevia and FIT Veggie Wash
- Burgess: Why Starchy carbs and when?
- Kohan: Maca Powder and Chia Seeds
- Im hungry all the time?
READ FOR THE DAY: CAN PALEO-ISH DIET CURE MULTIPLE-SCLEROSIS?
* Drop between reps
Chin Ups (strict if possible)
Then complete 150 Double unders for time
*If DUs are still trouble spend 4-7 minutes working on the skill
-Score as two different workouts